Saturday, 4 June 2016

May!

At the beginning of May DD, Little Gromit, Mum & I went on holiday to North Berwick in Scotland. We hired a flat above a shop on the High Street for a week. We have been here before, when my Dad was still alive but we stayed in the countryside outside North Berwick


On one of the days out we had, we went to Luss, which is a village on the banks of Loch Lomond. It was the nicest day we had and Little Gromit loved the ducks! 





Luss was used as a film set for the Scottish TV series 'Take the High Road' which used to be on English TV as well. I used to watch and I loved it, I was sorry when we could no longer get it. 


I haven't done any machine sewing during May at all but I have been working on these in the evenings. They are hexis from the book 'The New Hexagon' by Katja Merek.


I've prepared each hexi and it is in its' own little bag. There are 52 in the book.



I have decided I want to make more so I have started the process again!


I haven't done any work on 'The Splendid Sampler' other than print out some of the instructions, 

because


I am decorating! We have had a new fire and false chimney breast installed. The fire looks like a wood burner but is gas. I would have loved a wood burner but our house is a 1980s estate house and doesn't have a chimney so this was a good compromise. We have also bought a new oak cupboard



It used to look like this!

I am still in the process of decorating this room. It hasn't been done for some years so it is taking a while. I have already freshened up the bedrooms.




3 comments:

mamasmercantile said...

Sounds like a wonderful holiday, spending quality time with family and creating some wonderful memories. Love the hexies.

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Lovely pictures. Glad Nessy didn't show up;) Have fun redecorating.

ruthsplace said...

I love your hexagons. I have a long term hexi project that I'm working on. I find it really relaxing putting the pieces together.