Tuesday, 22 March 2016

March update..

I have been very remiss in not posting about a swap I took part in back in February. 
It was organised by Tracey from 'Mad about Bags' and it was called 'Send a little love' - a heart shaped theme!


My partner was Kimberley of  'Creative Chaos', she lives in New Zealand.


There was chocolate but that has been eaten! also a nice pen, that I have mislaid at present! I used the heart shaped cookie cutters as templates for 2 blocks in my Splendid Sampler -  Thank you Kimberley!

This is what I sent Kimberley - I hope you don't mind me pinching your photo! Thank you!
(Kimberley's photo, as I forgot to take one before I sent the parcel)

I have also taken part in Kimberley's 2016 edition of 'Send us your country'

My partner for this swap was Melanie from 'The Patchwork Robin'. Melanie lives in Derby in the UK. Funnily enough I lived in Derby as a small child as my Dad worked for Roll Royce aerospace.


My parcel arrived this morning!



Thank you so much, Melanie, I love the pincushion and the covered buttons, the chocolate will go down a treat as well!



I've done some sewing too! This little quilt is made from a Moda 'Hello Luscious' charm pack that I've had in my stash for a while. I got the pattern from a magazine but I'm not sure which one as I had ripped the pages out and just kept them. 


Some more 'Splendid Sampler' blocks. I'm not caught up at present, I've got 2 & a half to do.


I am going to hand quilt them and 'quilt as you go'. Some ladies are putting lovely sashings on but doing wide sashings is going to make the quilt bigger than I want, by my calculation it will be around 70 inches square as it is!
I need to get cracking on the hand quilting as I will get too far behind.


I've got a pile of 'Speedwell' blocks coming on


and I've got another Christmas quilt cut out - this is 'Double Square Star' from Missouri Star Quilt Company. I love Jenny's 'You Tube' videos, they are easy to follow and the results are good.  


This quilt is also a Missouri Star Quilt Company one - 'Quatrefoil'. Jenny uses a layer cake for hers but I've used fat quarters. 

Right, I'm off to play catch up on my 'Splendid Sampler quilt 









4 comments:

Tracy said...

It looks like you have been very busy with your quilts, and I'm so glad you enjoyed the send a little love swap, you sent and received some wonderful gifts X

Diane-crewe said...

swaps are sooo much fun xx I have partnered with Kimberley too .. she sends lovely parcels x Glad to see you have got some sewing done ..AND used old stash .. well done x

Sue said...

Swaps are so much fun. I haven't done one in ages. I absolutely love that purple quilt piece. I'm very partial to that color.

Glinda ♥ said...

You've been busy! Great swaps; always amazed at people's creativity and generosity. And the Quatrefoil? Divine :)