Monday, 1 February 2016

Sewing!

Since before I broke my foot I had been in a sewing funk, I hadn't touched my sewing machine in months but I've now got my mojo back!

Moda Fruitcake

A few years ago I cut a quilt out from the Moda Fruitcake fabric. The pattern was from a blog that I've since lost the link to. I didn't know what to do with the cut out fabric so I put it to one side. DD came across it and asked me to make her a Christmas quilt with it so I had to put my thinking cap on. I've come up with an idea, I'll show you how it progresses.

Moda Strawberry Fields

This quilt was made from the scraps of Strawberry Fields fabric that I used to make DD's 2014 Christmas present quilt. It has 2 borders that I have since put on this evening.

Moda Boutique

I cut out and pieced this quilt last week and put its' borders on tonight, The fabric started life as a jelly roll and the patterns for this quilt & the Strawberry Fields quilt came from Pam & Nicky Lintott's book - Two from One Jelly Roll Quilts. I am going to make another quilt from this book with the rest of the Boutique fabric. 



These 2 quilts are both made with rail fence blocks. The difference is in the size of the blocks. I had cut loads of 3.5 inch squares from charm packs and I was left with these 1.5 x 3.5 & 1.5 x 5" wide strips. Both of these quilts have now got their borders on too!




This is were I'm up to with my Hitchhiker scarf, I just keep knitting a bit here & there, mainly on suitable car journeys when I'm not driving.


I'm also knitting socks!


In other news this weekend we have celebrated this little man's 2nd birthday!

6 comments:

Chookyblue...... said...

Lovely sewing....

Sue said...

Wow, all those lovely quilts. I still need to finish my first which I started 28 years ago.

Have you seen the afghans and scarfs knit based on each day's temperature? I think I'm going to start one. You only knit one or two rows a day and that sounds good to me right now.

I can't believe he's already two!!

Kimberley said...

what fabulous socks! And I love the quilts too. Would be a bit hot sewing under that here this summer.

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Lots of nice projects. Glad you aren't knitting and driving;) Those will be nice socks. I'm hoping to learn how to crochet soon.

ruthsplace said...

Lovely quilts and knitting. So glad to hear your sewing mojo has returned.

loulee said...

Love those quilts, especially the rail fence ones.
Cute wee man.