Wednesday, 25 November 2015

Hi!

..............thought I would catch up.


As you will be aware I broke the base of my 2nd Metatarsal and damaged some ligaments and tendons whilst out walking. It is a month since I did it and it is improving but I've got a long way to go. It appears that it is a mild Lisfranc injury and I've been very lucky as Lisfranc injuries can be very serious and many of them require surgery. 


These 2 photos show the bruising and swelling when I first did it. The visible bruising has gone now but the top of my foot feels bruised when it is touched and there is still a little bit of swelling present. I spent the first 10 days partial weight bearing with crutches...


......then I went into this boot and non-weight bearing for 2 weeks, now I am still wearing the boot but I am partially weight bearing again with crutches. Using the crutches has been murder and I hired a knee scooter which was a great help in the house whilst I was none weight bearing. I'm not using it in the house now but I will use it outside if I'm out for any length of time. 

I'm hoping when I go back on the 9th of December I will be allowed to wear a normal shoe and will be allowed to drive. This broken foot has caused all sorts of problems! - not being able to help my Mum and not being able to have Little Gomit.


Flowers that the ladies at Sandbach Sew & Sews sent me which was a lovely surprise. I've only managed to go twice since I joined. Thank you so much,ladies. I might get in December if I am able to drive.

Stepping Stones

You would think that because I've had the opportunity to sit on my bottom for a month, I would have done loads of sewing. No! I've been in a really funny place and I've not wanted to do very much. Before I broke my foot I was looking into art journaling. I've had a go but I haven't been happy with anything I've done so I haven't got anything to show you. I will keep having a go though. 

At the weekend I gave myself a stern talking to and since then I've been more productive. I've got the binding finished on the quilt in the photo. This is 'Stepping Stones' from one of Pam & Nicky Lintott's books. It was started in August 2009 and finished today! I've got another quilt that is also nearly finished, hopefully, I can show it later in the week.

4 comments:

Diane-crewe said...

that looks nasty! Be sure to keep it rested ... and don't go over doing it .. esp over the Christmas madness time xx Glad you liked your flowers .. they look beautiful x

mamasmercantile said...

So sorry to hear about your foot, its always hard for everyone when the carer becomes ill or incapacitated. Hopefully you will be back on both feet soon. Take care.

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

I tore a bone (yes, tore it) and tore all of my ligaments, way back in high school. The ligaments grew back wrong (tight inside, loose on the outside of my foot) and I have to be careful all the time so that I don't re-injure it. They couldn't do things back then, like they can now. I was on crutches (no weight) for 8 weeks, then, it took me a whole week to be able to finally walk on it. These days they would have done surgery, and it would have healed quicker, and better. Do what the doc tells you. You want it to heal properly. Good luck. Hope it heals quickly.

Anna Scarisbrick said...

quilt is beautiful, I love the colours, glad to hear you're foot is getting better.