Tuesday, 27 October 2015

On Sunday.....


Oh! Bearded One! & myself headed for Edale in Derbyshire for a walk.


It was a lovely autumn day.


Edale is a pretty Derbyshire village and is one of the starting points to walk up onto the Kinder plateau.



This was a special walk as its' purpose was to scatter my Dad's ashes as he had requested.
The Kinder area was one of my Dad's favorite places to walk when he used to go walking. 


We were using the Grindsbrook Clough path which starts gently




but gets steep and rocky. All was going well, I was enjoying myself and the dog thought all her birthdays had come at once, when I fell.

I had stepped up onto a rock with my right foot and was bringing my left one up when I lost my balance and fell backwards, leaving my right foot behind. I felt something give in my foot and just knew I wouldn't be able to walk on it.....and I was right! I had to be removed by the local mountain rescue teams - it took 12 people to pull me up a steep hillside on a stretcher to get me back to the village.

It turns out I have broken a bone in my foot and I am now on crutches for at least 6 weeks. It is going to cause all sorts of problems, not least how we are going to look after Little Gromit whilst DD works!

We have enough of 2015,to say it has been a bad year is an understatement! I am asking for peaceful run down to Christmas as we all have had enough! 

6 comments:

Diane-crewe said...

oh dear ... I hope you soon feel better REST THAT FOOT! lol x

Alcea Rosea 31 said...

Oh no, how awful for you. Good practice for mountain rescuers. As you say, you need some quiet time before Christmas comes upon us. I hope you are soon mobile.

Anna Scarisbrick said...

so sorry to hear its a brake and not just a sprain, hope it heals quickly and the new year will soon be here bringing a better year for you all. x

Mouse said...

ouchiieeee .... did you get to scatter the ashes or do you have to go back ??? good luck with the coping of crutches ... loan a wheelchair to get you out and about while shopping ...don't try carrying a cuppa while using the said crutches ... it don't work ... from experience ;) love mouse xxxxx

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Lovely place, but, I have bad balance, and bad feet. Hubby hikes, but, I can seldom go with him. So sorry about the foot. Maybe a walker with a seat, and you can get around the house, and still watch Grommit? Crutches are a pain, and you can't even get a plate from the counter to the table easily. A small wheelchair would also be an option.

ruthsplace said...

So sorry to hear you hurt yourself. I hope you recover quickly.