Monday, 15 June 2015

My weekend

This weekend the Oh! bearded one was away with Scouts and DD wasn't working so I didn't have Little Gromit either so I sewed!


This quilt has been back from the quilter (Jude) for a good few weeks. It was supposed to be for my Dad but he can't stand even something this heavy on his very sore feet so it has been sat about. I decided I would, at least get the binding on it. I am now hand stitching it down and am about half way round.


I made this little quilt ages ago for the care home I was working in. That never happened. I came across a Facebook group that makes things for good causes. One of the requests were for small quilts for a care home in Cumbria so this quilt is going there as soon as I have hand stitched the binding down.


I started this quilt in 2012 as a mystery quilt through the quilt group I belonged to at that time. It's component parts have been just sitting there. I thought it would be suitable for my Mum for her 80th birthday in August. It just needs its borders then it will be off to Jude

4 comments:

mamasmercantile said...

Beautiful birthday gift, made with love.

Diane-crewe said...

so glad to see you are getting back into your sewing xx .. and having the fun of donating to a good cause at the same time xx

Sue said...

Can you package up some of your sewing mojo and send it to me? I really want to stitch some things I have started but it seems like too much effort to get going.

StitchinByTheLake said...

You do such beautiful work! blessings, marlene