Tuesday, 23 June 2015

Dad........

If you have been following me for a while, you will be aware that my Dad has been ill for quite a while. He had to move into a care home in December and he has continued to deteriorate. He had a hospital admission for an unidentified infection at the end of April/beginning of May. Since then he has been very frail and he had started to exhibit symptoms of Dementia.


Mum and I saw him yesterday morning and he was very frail but it was still a shock when the care home rang at 6.30 pm to say he had died.

I am very glad he is now at peace as he has suffered so much over the last few years.

R.I.P Peter Sidney George Thurston 23-08-1935 - 22-06-2015

11 comments:

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Sorry about your father. I understand, since I lost my father back in 2009.

mamasmercantile said...

So sorry for your loss, sending you a hug.

Chookyblue...... said...

oh nearly 80 years......a good innings but sad the last end has been long and full of ill health......sending you big hugs.......

Quilting Grannie said...

My sympathies are with you and your family at this time. My father past away 8 years ago. Like your father he seemed more frail each day. My sister and I were staying with him during the day time while he was in hospital. He told my sister he wanted to go home to die. He was put in hospice and brought home. He lived 2 days. We stayed with him round the clock.

ruthsplace said...

I'm so sorry to hear of your loss.

sewkalico said...

I am so sorry to read of your loss. Lots of love to you and your family especially your Mum xxx

Laurie said...

I'm very sorry for your loss. I pray for peace and comfort for you and your mother as you go through the days ahead.

Jane Galley said...

so sorry to hear about your dad, my thoughts are with you and all the family.

sunny said...

So sorry to hear about your Dad. I hope you have many warm memories to see you through this sad time. Hugs and Prayers.

pennydog said...

I'm very sorry for your loss x

Joan said...

I have just found your blog and I am sorry to hear of your Dad dying. My prayers and thoughts go out to you and your Mother. Take care. Joan at www.aviewtothefells.com