Thursday, 29 January 2015

Finishes!

This week I have manged a couple of finishes!


I have finished my crochet blanket. (Lucy's Cosy Striped blanket) I think I started this in November and have worked on it steadily on since. This is a record for me on several counts, that I have actually started something and continued working on it without getting distracted by something else and also, that I have crocheted something so big! I loved doing every stitch of it, so much so, I have ordered the yarn to do another one for DD. The colours for this are inspired by a Cath Kidston tin she owns.

I have also finished this little table topper that I started a couple of years ago, it just needed binding, it took a couple of hours to machine the binding on and then hand stitch it down on the back! Why do we do this, get something so close to finishing and then abandon it?

I have also jumped on the 'Wild & Goosey' band waggon that is going on over at Quiltville's Open Studio on Facebook. This little block is paper pieced and measures 3.5 inches! They use quite small scraps and are fun to do!

8 comments:

julieQ said...

How fun! Each project is just so fun...I haven't joined in on the Goosey blocks yet, but love yours!

mamasmercantile said...

Beautiful blanket, I love the colour combination a real delight.

Kath said...

your table topper is beautiful. but I know what you mean, I worked so hard on the Lynette anderson quilt (I finished Mums) but just fell out of love with mine and I've fizzled out and left it half quilted.

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

That little table topper is cute!

Janine said...

Your blanket is gorgeous. Great finish! And I like your table topper too :)

Chel @ Sweetbriar Dreams said...

Gorgeous!! I wish I could start Lucy's blanket, just need more time or an eight day week :-) Take care x

ruthsplace said...

The blanket is gorgeous. This pattern is on my (very long) list of must makes!

Selma from eclectichomelife.blogspot.com said...

Your cosy cal Lucy blanket looks lovely. I too enjoyed mine. So much do I began a crichet blanket course!!! Your edges look incredibly neat too, am very envious