Friday, 26 December 2014

Catching up!

Since I last posted some crafting has happened.


A 'Granny Squared' quilt for DD's birthday. It was made from a Strawberry Fields jelly roll and yardage. The white fabric was in my stash.


I joined Lucy's cosy blanket CAL. I am now five sixths of the way through it now. I am using the same yarn and colours as Lucy but I am don straight repeats where Lucy change the order of hers every 15 stripes.


I am also doing Bonnie Hunter's yearly mystery quilt which is called Grand Illusion this year. I pulled a lot of fabric from my stash but I also bought some to make sure I had enough and also the variety to make it scrappy. 
I've completed a few blocks of each clue except today's. I'm in no hurry to get it finished and I'll keep plugging away at it.


In other happenings, Little Gromit has been christened.


The sweet table and his cake. His cake was made by DD.

 

My Dad is now in his permanent care home. He has only been there since Tuesday so it is too early to say whether he likes it or not. Mum is really missing him. They both managed to spent the whole day with us at our house yesterday which was great as Dad didn't manage it last year.


This year's Christmas tree - which Little Gromit has loved and not left alone!


My Christmas cake offering, it's not going to win the Great British Bake off but it tastes great. The recipe is Nigella Lawson's Chocolate fruit cake


Our little Christmas Elf!


I've pulled out a quilt I started in 2012 as a mystery quilt, I've decided to get it finished for my Mum's 80th birthday in August so I've got time to get it finished.


I'm also quilting my Charming Stars quilt. I'm quilting it by the 'Quilting as you go' method, in 3 strips. I started it today so I'll show progress.


My little helper showing me where the needle goes!

3 comments:

Kath said...

it all looks wonderful, I particularly love your little elf!
Have a Happy new Year.

Lynda said...

Love your fabric selection for Grand Illusion! And three and a half blocks is a great start.

Dasha said...

The quilt you made for your daughter is lovely. It is one of the designs that has been on my bucket list for ages. I also like the fabrics you have pulled for your Grand Illusions mystery. I just never seem to get the time to do those Bonnie quilts, there is just so much piecing in them. Good luck with yours.