Wednesday, 17 September 2014

Continuing.......

There are 93 3.5 inch 9 patch blocks here! I am very sad but they make me very happy! I added 7 more last night. I really enjoy making these blocks and have ideas to use them in other quilts.


I've made up 5 double 9 patch blocks ( this pattern was in a Fons & Porter magazine)


Each block has 3.5 inch wide sashing and a 9 patch as a cornerstone.


Unfortunately I didn't buy enough of the brown fabric for the size of quilt I want to make so I will have to buy further fabric for this in due course. I think I will use the brown fabric around the outside of the quilt  and buy a lighter fabric to surround the other blocks. 


These blocks are also 3.5 inches and are made from 5 inch charms. These are also hand stitched. I've no idea what I'll use them for but they are very cute!


Another Christmas present as well.


3 comments:

mamasmercantile said...

You are doing really well with the Christmas presents.

MARCIE said...

Oh I love anything 9-patch, and yours will be wonderful! I love the pink! Keep 'em coming!

Sue said...

Oh, you have so much patience. They are going to be lovely.