Monday, 7 April 2014

FAL -2014 Quarter 2

Quarter 1 of 2014 is over, where did it go? and it is time to sign with Katy of The Littlest Thistle for Quarter 2


I had itemised 6 things to complete in quarter 1 and failed to finish any of them although I've now finished Little Gromit's nursery curtains.

So I am trying to set myself up to achieve rather than fail this quarter. I am listing things that are well underway. 



This is a jelly roll race quilt that I started for my friend as a 50th birthday present. She was supposed to receive it before her 51st birthday, well, she is 52 next month so I really want to get this finished and delivered to her (She lives in Sheffield and is my best friend from school, we have been friends for over 40 years) 
It needs to have its' borders on & then it needs backing and quilting. I've got the borders but I haven't anything suitable for backing it.


This  quilt was on last quarter's list and I did move forward with it. I've got to add 4 more rows to complete the quilt top, then it needs backing and quilting. I've got the backing but it needs piecing. 


These 2 quilts for Little Gromit were on Quarter 1's list and again, they are well on their way. I pieced the backs over the weekend. One is basted up for quilting and the other one is half basted.


I've got one knitting project on this quarter's list


I want to complete this by the time I go to Scotland on holiday in the middle of May. The back and fronts are now finished and I've started on sleeve 1.

Wish me luck!





6 comments:

mamasmercantile said...

Wishing you well with your projects - fingers crossed you achieve what you want to.

SarahZ said...

Good luck to you! I find the backings(or lack thereof) seem to hold up more projects than anything else sometimes!!!! I especially hope you can finish your friend's jelly roll quilt! Okay, and the baby's quilt too! Hope your pup is feeling better!

Karen said...

I like your attitude of setting yourself up to achieve. At the beginning of a new year, I think we all have grand desires to make all sorts of things....more than can really be accomplished. Then we begin to set more realistic goals. Good luck.

t. anne said...

Good luck finishing!

Susan Milligan said...

Thank you for your comment on my blog and thank you for reading it! Wishing you a very Happy Easter and hoping you find some time to craft too x

Emma said...

Lovely work - I just can't believe how quick time passes, either!