Monday, 24 March 2014

What I have been up to - Part 1

These are a few of the things I've been working on over the last few weeks.

These blocks form the middle of the quilt

This quilt is 'Stepping Stones' from 'Layer Cake, Jelly Roll & Charm Quilts' by Pam & Nicky Lintott. The fabric line is A Morris Workshop by Barbara Brackman for Moda

Here there are 3 rows stitched together including the outer border blocks. 
The finished quilt will measure 72' x 96'

It has been in progress quite a while and was put on my 1st quarter list to complete. It isn't completed but it is further along!



A little hat knitted in Debbie Bliss baby cashmerino DK for Little Gromit as he had outgrown his first hat. This is a finish for February. 

DD appears to have lost it so I will need to re-knit over the summer ready for next winter.


This little rabbit is also a February finish and was for Little Gromit.




I keep plugging away at these Civil War 'Scrappy Trip Around the World' blocks for a king sized bed quilt for my bed. 


This quilt top has also been on the go for a long time, 3 years and counting. I've got it from blocks to a finished top that needs backing and quilting. It is one of a pair from another book by Pam & Nicky Lintott - Two From One Jelly Roll Quilts. This one is called 'Bubblegum' and the other one is called 'Building Blocks. They are both made from a Bunny Hill Lily & Wil jelly roll from Moda. 

The quilt is for my hairdresser who is having a little girl in May. I next see her mid April so I've got until then to get it finished.

5 comments:

Kath said...

Some lovely projects! I particularly like the first quilt, the colours are perfect.
I think I need to do the same as you, have a lost for each quarter. I have a few UFOs which I resolve to complete this year.
More Gromit pics please, he is so gorgeous!

sunny said...

you've been quite busy! I love the little bunny, and Little Gromit is just as cute as a button.

Farm Gate Creations said...

My you have been busy, so many beautiful projects on the go.

Maggie said...

Fabulous projects. You have been busy! X
http://prettyflowersinthewindow.blogspot.co.uk/

Wendy said...

you really have been busy! I do love that rabbit, what a cutie! Wonderful quilt too.