Thursday, 9 January 2014

Other things to show!

I have fallen in love with Moda's new '3 Sisters' line, Vin du Jour.

I knew that once I had finished my Roman Holiday (3 Sisters) Grandmother's Flower Garden quilt (see previous post) I wanted to make another one. I was going to use Paris Flea Market which is also a '3 Sisters' design (can you see a theme here) but I decided there wasn't enough colour contrast so when I saw Vin du Jour I decided it was perfect for what I want to do!
 I've made this table runner from the rest of the charm pack I'm not using for the main quilt

So far I have bought some FQs, a charm pack and a jelly roll. I've also ordered the border fabric as well (even though this is a long term project) as I wanted to make sure I get the choice I want. (This line is selling fast from the Fat Quarter shop in the US-see last post about buying fabric)


The Jelly roll is cut up into 2.5 inch squares to be made up into 'flowers' but with this quilt I'm going to make a medallion quilt.


I've chosen this block out of this magazine


I've got all the pieces cut out for the centre medallion and just need to finish prepping them so they can be hand sewn.


There will be 4 of these with a border round them, then there will be the Grandmother's Flower Garden bit! i am not allowing myself to start making the flowers for this quilt until the last row is on the 'Roman Holiday' quilt! Watch this space! I started the 'Roman Holiday' quilt in 2009 and it won't be finished for a good while yet so this one won't be finished until 2020 at least! 


This little quilt is a 2013 finish - civil war fabrics and the pattern was from 'The Civil War Sewing Circle' by Kathleen Tracy. It currently hangs in my sewing room.

4 comments:

Phyllis said...

Great projects and I looooove those tulips!

Diane-crewe said...

will be watching to see how long before you give in and make those flowers!! lol x lovely fabric line x

Maggie said...

Lovely to see all your ideas and gorgeous fabrics xx

Fiona said...

you have got lots of lovely projects on the go....
HUgz