Monday, 13 January 2014

Being Challenged!

Walking in the Lake District

As you know occasionally I get out for a walk, either on my own with the dog or with 'Oh! Bearded One and the dog. I don't get out enough, basically because I'm too lazy!, especially now I am not working. I have no excuse now!

I have read Lyndsay's recent post on walking a 1000 miles in a year which struck a real cord with me. This stems from a challenge set out in 'Country Walking' a UK walking magazine. 

Now I don't think for a minute I will manage 1000 miles so I am going to challenge myself to walk in excess of 250 miles, which is about 240 miles more than I walked last year!

Anyone else going to have a go? Remember walking is gentle exercise, if you want to lose weight it helps, if you live in the UK you get much needed light!, fresh air and it is free!



3 comments:

Linda Coleman said...

what a great idea. I could challenge myself to get out for a walk twice in the evenings rather than just at the weekend.

loulee said...

Sounds like a good idea to me. Now if it would just stop raining I might be more inclined!

Phyllis said...

Great idea. I will not participate (don't live in the UK), have no idea how much I walk, but I have a dog and since the husband is usually at work and the teenager at school most of the walking is left to me. So I guess I walk a fair bit... I will be following your progress though, enjoy!