Friday, 18 October 2013

Decorating!

As you are aware DD & Gromit moved out into their own house nearly 2 weeks ago.


This was their bedroom. It is a double room at the front of the house overlooking the cul de sac we live on.


The decorating is now complete. It is to become the bedroom SofM will sleep in when he is home and a place to put a travel cot when I have my Grand son once he is born (I probably will look after him a day or two a week once DD goes back to work.


This is SofM's old bedroom, it is a single room at the back of the house overlooking the back garden which is great for watching the birds and squirrels whilst supposed to be sewing! It has been my sewing room for a year or two now but I've had to share the space with the bed (& my ironing pile, don't look!).


Today that has changed!


The bed has moved into the front bedroom! I've moved all my sewing stuff into there as well until I've decorated my sewing room. This photo shows my desk where I will sew until the other room is finished. This is the space the travel cot will go in. 

The wardrobe to be curtained off

This room has 2 wardrobe spaces. We took the doors off one wardrobe to give space to put a chest of drawers in the room. The other wardrobe is used as a wardrobe but the original doors were a nuisance so we took them off too and we have had curtains up to hide the space (this is until we can afford to have new doors on). DD's curtains were hot pink, not my choice so I have bought material to make new ones.


This photo shows the other wardrobe which really should open into our bedroom. It has got my fabric storage in it at present but ultimately I will buy another chest of drawers for it.

The curtains & bedding are new and the room is painted in Dulux's Natural Wicker & B&Q's Olive Green.


The only sewing I've managed to do is to make a little mat to go on the conservatory settee to stop Molly's fur going all over the cushions. There is so much fur which means you can't sit down without getting a furry 'bum' which is very irritating. The idea is the mat can be moved when a human wants to sit down.


It is working!

2 comments:

scrappyjacky said...

I think I need to make one of those patchwork mats for our cat.....great idea.
How lovely that soon you'll have a dedicated sewing room....I'm very envious.....I'd love my own craft room!!

Carie said...

Oh doesn't she look cosy on the mat - I feel there should definitely be a Dr Seuss moment to celebrate!