Wednesday, 18 September 2013

I'm going......................


.........................to be a Granny! My DD is 22 weeks gone and she found out today she is going to have a boy! 

It has taken a long time to sink in that I am going to be a Grandparent, I don't feel old enough and it doesn't seem two minutes since I had both my children.

This news is very welcome as I am having a very bad time with work, it looks like I am going to lose my job. The situation is complicated and I can't go into detail but sufficient to say I have had enough of nursing management and I may well come out of nursing all together. Nursing in Britain is getting more and more impossible and it is so easy to put a foot wrong.

I'll be back will my holiday photos, be warned!

4 comments:

Sue Vaughan said...

Congratulations! I became a grandma last year to 2 little boys. Like you I was far too young! I now look after one of them as my daughter went back to work 2 days a week and I love it. Sorry to hear about your job. Sue x

Kath said...

Sorry things are hard for you work-wise, I hope it all sorts itself out.
Congratulations, how lovely to have news of a new Grand baby. I am terribly envious!

Quilting Grannie said...

Congratulations on being a Gran!! Now you must get busy and make a baby quilt for that little bundle of joy. We have 9 grandchildren, 2 step-grandchildren, 4 grandchildren-in-law and ONE GREAT GRANDCHILD!! And she is a doll. Only problem is they live about 10-11 hours away from us. My grandson's-in-law parents live just about 60 miles from us and we went down there when they came up for a visit the first of September. Just wish we lived close enough that I could spoil her. Her name is Maggie Rivers Smith. Rivers is an old Mississippi Delta name. Good luck with your job.

Nicola said...

So sorry to hear about the job.... I'm sure there is something better, and less stress-full, waiting for you just around the corner.
The Community team that I worked for was taken over by a private company last year - suffice to say it is an absolute shambles and the morale of hundreds of people has sunk to rock bottom. Thank goodness I've got my quilting to keep me going!!! Oh and congratulations on the grand-child news.... how very exciting for you all!!