Friday, 15 February 2013

Some sewing!

 
My Moda Etchings 9 patch blocks complete and sewn together


 
I've started quilting it and am about half way through

 
On this quilt I've used a basting gun. This is the first time I've used one of these. I love it. I know  not everyone likes them but I have found it so much easier than using pins. Also removing the tags afterwards (using scissors & tweezers) is like removing stitchs from a wound - that's the sad nursey bit in me!!!

 
The backing!

 
I've also joined the 'Scrappy trips around the world' craze too! I'm using jelly rolls, a full Blessings and part of a Peace on Earth one - 3 blocks complete and all the strips prepared for sewing.

2 comments:

Sue said...

Will you post a picture of the basting gun. I've never heard of it and it sounds wonderful. I hate basting.

Jane Galley said...

You have been busy, won't be long, and you'll have a new quilt finished