Monday, 18 February 2013

Shhh!

I'm now up to  100 followers, thank you so much for following me and regularly reading my offerings. I do really appreciate every comment that I get.
 
Shhhh! don't tell the Oh! Bearded One but I've been shopping! - mainly by walking my fingers over the laptop keyboard.
 
 
stitch markers for my knitting.

 
12 Civil War FQs from Quilter's Trading Post.

 
I've wanted 'Civil War Sampler' since it came out. I've done about 45 of these blocks from Brabara Brackman's BOW and I want to make a few more to make my quilt the size I want it. The book is a great reminder of spending 2011 making those blocks and will be a great adjunct to the quilt when it is finished ('when' being the operative word). I fancied the other book until I saw how complicated the blocks are. I need to become much more advanced before I attempt the blocks.

 
Sock wool from Esty shops

 
 
 
This sock wool was 3for2 from Hobbycraft, this was far too good to pass up on.
 
Tomorrow J & I are going to Chester - more shopping!!! I want to look at clothes for work and we will just have to go to Liberty Bell!

6 comments:

Terry said...

Congratulations! I love your stitch markers and your sock wool is just beautiful! :0)

sunny said...

You sound so happy! I'm glad you've been able to rest and rejuvenate while you've been off. I had to go back a few posts to read about your new job. Congrats - and I hope it's a better fit for you. You really do sound happy.

Teresa in Music City said...

Such yummy yarns!!! I've gotten the yarn bug lately and starting dabbling in knitting/crocheting along with my quilting :*) And I absolutely love your beaded stitch markers - lovely!!!

Robyn G. said...

Oh gosh you have some lovely goodies there!
Nice shopping :)
Looking forward to sharing your progress.

cathy@potterjotter.blogspot.co.uk said...

I won't tell .... and anyway I think you absolutely needed all these things. I am a great Barbara Brackman fan and love, love the Civil war stuff! Am not a knitter, so don't know what a stitch marker is, but it sounds very necessary!! xCathy

Sue said...

It all looks wonderful. Thia morning Rob asked if I'd like to go fabric shopping. That doesn't happen often so I jumped at the chance. Got a few goodies to play with.

Have fun shopping.
Sue