Wednesday, 16 January 2013

What's next?

 

 
I'm now signed off sick for 4 weeks which covers half my notice period, I know I'll get signed off for the rest if I want it. It is a week now since I last worked and thought of going back to any sort of nursing shift at present is enough to give me a panic attack. I am very de-motivated, I've spent several days in my nightie, today being one of them and I can sleep for Britain.
 
I have done a little bit of quilting. I've started putting the sashings on my Civil War quilt. I need to make some more blocks as I want to make it bigger, to fit this bed. I've also managed to start a little bit of decluttering. I am going to have to push myself a bit as I am much better if I have things to do.
 
Going back to the job front, I am going have to make a decision as what I wan to do next. I'm very lucky as I am a nurse there are a lot of jobs available even with the UK's high unemployment. When you put your CV on job sites you get pestered by every recruitment agency going. The trouble with that is that they will push management jobs at me because of my job history - I don't want another management job, I don't want that stress. I know beggars can't be choosers I would love to do something different, still in nursing as I  love nursing and I can't imagine doing anything else but after nearly 20 years in care homes I think it is time for a change as they don't get any easier to work in. I think I will go with plan A and sign on with an agency and keep my eye open for other openings. The Oh! Bearded One will have a fit if I don't get a job as he will start worrying about money so I will have to pull my finger out!
 
On Sunday it is the Nantwich Fabric Sale. My friend, J and I are going which is something to look forward to. I haven't done any serious fabric buying for months!


8 comments:

Nicola said...

So glad you've been signed off - I felt so much happier once I realized I didn't have to go back to that stressful place!!! Your civil war quilt is looking fab!!

Linda Coleman said...

I hope you get a burst of sunshine and energy to get you back to feeling good again and that the job front brings you what you want.

Quilting Grannie said...

The quilt is beautiful. My daughter in law works for Lifeways. She works out of Glasgow, but does training of caregivers in England and Scotland. I don't know all that they do, but they do work with the elderly and disabled in their homes. If your might be interested in that let me know and I can give you her phone number and you can talk to her about it.

Jane Galley said...

Hope it all works out soon. Taking the time to have a rest and build up the reserves is a good idea. Have a great time buying fabric
http://www.loopysplace.co.uk/blog.html

loulee said...

I have to say getting away from nursing homes is a good thing, even the very best of them are hard to work in. The constant battle with institutionalisation with both residents and staff takes its toll. Enjoy your rest, put your house in order and do a little of something crafty. :-) I'm sure the right job will come along. Are you considering a complete change of direction, away from nursing? Or just away from responsibility and management? Take care and enjoy some 'me' time.

sunny said...

Your quilt is looking great! Enjoy your time off, and enjoy your 'jammie' days! The right job will come along, but in the meantime, relax, get rested, and take good care of yourself!!

Anonymous said...

Why not teach, as with all the experience you have?
fhiggins@wk.net

rubyslipperz said...

Your quilt is very pretty. I'm sure you will find another job that will make you happier than the last. I can't imagine how hard it could be to work in a home for elderly. But, I think that all of your kindness and energies in this area won't go unnoticed! You will be blessed with something to bring your life a bit more sunshine. =)

hugZ,
annie