Wednesday, 23 January 2013

Doings


What is it with cats and sewing machines? I see many a cat sat near bloggers' sewing machines and my Molly is no exception. The radiator behind the desk may have something to do with it though!


 
On Saturday afternoon I made these 2 little thread catchers, one for me and one for my friend, J.

 
The pattern is here

 
I've recently been working on this and have added another row.

 
These 9 patch blocks have been made from a Moda Etchings jelly roll. I had started a different quilt but didn't like this fabric for that particular quilt. I'm just going to sew the blocks together without  sashings and borders, then bind it.
 
I've done more sewing in the last week than I've done in the last 9 months!

3 comments:

Ann Marie @ 16 Muddy Feet said...

I think the kitties also love the heat from the machines too. I too have done more sewing this month, than the last 9 months of 2012! I hope the rest of this year goes just as busy!

Kath said...

love it all, especially the hexagons- I am a real hexy addict LOL

Elisabeth said...

Lovely work. Your cat is so cute! It's nice to have company when crafting :) xx