Sunday, 27 January 2013

A bit of crafting

This week I've got some sewing done including this little bag.
 
 
Last Sunday J & I went to the Nantwich fabric sale which is held every year just for one day. This is the 4th year I've been. I have to say it was rather disappointing but the fact it had snowed quite heavily may have influenced some stall holders not to come, there were not as many stall holders as usual and the fabric choice wasn't as good as usual. 

 
I did buy some fabric including the fabric used for this little bag, it was a FQ bundle from Castle Court Quilters in Shropshire. I love this company, we've been to their shop once which is huge and they also go to the Uttoxter show which is held in April. 
 
I also got some fabric for borders for my big hexi quilt.
I had fun making this bag. I decided I wanted a little bag to use for my sock knitting so I designed this one, it's turned out quite well.

 
This fabric range is Moda Figgy Pudding from a few years ago. I have been hoarding it in my stash waiting for the right project to come along. I found the right project here.  Here the fabric is cut out ready to start. I started the quilt yesterday. There has been more unsewing than sewing as I kept getting the HSTs the wrong way round. I've not been in the mood for it today so I've left well alone.

 
A sock in process to go in my new bag!

 
And this is fabric I bought to support my LQS on Thursday which was 'International Support your Local Quilt Shop' day. I think I did a good job of supporting mine!!!

4 comments:

Glinda ♥ said...

You have been busy! The star quilt is a darling - bet yours will be lovely with those great fabric choices :)

Kath said...

Lovely fabrics and your bag is just gorgeous.
Looking forward to seeing how you use what you bought.

Diane said...

That bag is fabulous. Moda fabrics are so lovely xx

Sue said...

I've been away too long tending sick dogs and new pups. I'm so sorry to hear about the job. I know you had high hopes for it, but I'm glad you made your decision and can get on to something better.

I certainly envy all those lovely new fabrics. I'm yearning to start sewing but it's hard to find the uninterrupted time to sit down and do it. Soon, it must be soon.
Sue