Tuesday, 18 December 2012

Still missing in action

I'm afraid I'm still missing in action. Work continues to be manic. I am seriously wondering whether I've bitten off more than I can chew. We seem to be lurching from one crisis to another. I just think we are getting on top of things then we take 25 steps backwards - it is very hard. I'm going to give another 3 months and then review the situation. If I still feel the same I'm going to look for another job. I'll have been there a year and will have given it my best shot.
 
Today I've taken a mental health day without taking one - I'm going into work later so that the phones have stopped ringing, people have stopped coming to the door and I can concentrate and get a load of work done. Meanwhile I've stayed in bed, read blog posts and watched a Christmas film on TV. In December I have to be careful not to make hasty decisions as at this time of year my depression and anxiety are at their worst. Things improve in January for me so hopefully they will improve at work.
 
 
Meg is doing fine after her leg operation. She had x-rays done last week to see how the bone is healing and it is doing well so she is now up to 15 minute walks once or twice a day. She is back to laying on the bed again with me which I've missed, although I've not missed the dog hair!!
 
 
Last week it was DD's 25th brithday so to celebrate she wanted to go into Manchester, eat dim sum and visit the German Christmas markets. We went on Sunday and had a lovely day.
 
 
I've decorated for Christmas. I'm looking forward to Christmas this year. Last year I was dreading it, it had been a year since The Oh! Bearded One's eye cancer and surgery. I think I was worrying that something else bad would happen. Although work isn't brillant I am trying to keep it in perspective (although I wasn't at 5am this morning)
 
 
I've started thinking about projects for 2013. In 2012 I've not completed a thing! I've not touched my sewing machine since June when I was away on holiday!
 
 
I've done a little bit to this quilt and I've decided to focus on it in 2013. I've also must finish my best friend's 50th birthday quilt, I promised her that I would finish it before her 51st birthday in May 2013. I am also knitting a plain cardigan for work which I must finish as my office is very cold due to the amount of glass in the windows.

 
I've got other things to show you but I've lost my camera cable so can't download new photos at present.
 

5 comments:

Linda Coleman said...

I hope that the New Year looks brighter workwise for you. I know that frustrated feeling. Having worked for the same company for over 30 years I have seen it go from 10 employees to nearly 300 and because I do payroll there seems to be a never ending lot of paperwork, red tape and office politics to deal with. I'm glad Meg is getting better. Hope you have a nice, peaceful, uneventful Christmas.

Kath said...

You've made a great start on that quilt! I love the colours you've chosen.
Big hug to Meg from Aunty Kath x

Nicola said...

Oh I know just what you mean - I dread this time of year, when everyone expects me to be happy and excited and I just feel anxious and stressed to breaking point!!! I'm on annual leave this week and haven't thought about work once - that's an achievement in itself!!! Look forward to seeing you blogging more in the new year - I've missed you!

benta atSLIKstitches said...

hope youhad a good Christmas, and hope work is better next year

Denise :) said...

This is really darling! I'd love to to this pattern in bright batiks, with a dark (maybe even black) as the diamond strip! I hope you enjoyed a Merry Christmas. Thanks for the follow...and I'm a new follower of yours! :)