Saturday, 1 September 2012

A few more!

 
I've looked through my photos from the Festival of Quilts again and found a few more quilts to show you. I took a lot of photos this year.
 
I loved this Swoon quilt, I want to make a small version of this, with probably 4 blocks.

 
This little quilt was in the minature section, enlarge it and look at the applique!

 
I'm not a huge fan of Baltimore style quilts but I loved the colour way of this one and I thought the stitching was very good!


 
This one appealed to me because I love seascapes and I loved some of the colours used.


 
Another Baltimore, beautifully executed!


 
Several blogs have shown this one and I follow the blog of the lady who made it but I can't remember for the life of me who it is, I'll amend the post when I find out.

 
I thought some of the group quilts were fun and some of the quilts in the 'British' group were great.




 
The photos don't do this quilt justice, it was very dramatic.

 
That really is it for this year's Festival of Quilts. Next year I'll be looking at others' photos as we only go every 2 years.

2 comments:

Diane said...

Sorry I made you homesick. I always take you in my heart when I am in town. How amazing are those quilts. True modern day works of art. x

Glinda ♥ said...

Shame I didn't get to the Festival this year so thank you for sharing photos of beautiful quilts :)