Sunday, 6 May 2012

Very quiet!


It's been very quiet on this blog because we have been busy. We have had loft insulation put in the loft which meant we had to empty the loft completely. This photo shows the contents spread through the conservatory and dining area of the kitchen. It has taken about 3 weeks to empty the loft, sort through the stuff and put back what we are keeping. We've put back just about all we are going to keep but the conservatory is still full as there is a Scout jumble sale next week and it is all going to that. We have managed to half what we had - hooray!!!! as I've wanted to go through what we had as I knew we didn't need it all. The Oh! Bearded One has also had several trips to the tip so you can imagine how much stuff we had, it was ridiculous!

By the way -  3 weeks into the new job! It is going well and I don't regret leaving my old job!

4 comments:

Amanda said...

That was one of the good things about moving house, that we just had to sort everything out. After three years it's about time we did it again though, I'm sure there will be plenty to get rid of.

Louise said...

Thank you for your comment!

I'm glad to hear your new job is going well. It feels great to have a good clear out doesn't it!

Sue said...

I'm so glad to hear that the new job is going well. It makes life much more pleasant.

We need to get rid of some stuff, but I'm an awful pack rat and can't bear to part with my treasures.
Sue

Annabelle said...

I know just what you mean about lofts - ours is actually a top floor to the house and it is huge (so not really a loft at all) and is full of twenty years of kids stuff. Every time I try to throw things away - hubby/kids think it may come in handy! Glad the job worked out for you.