Monday, 23 April 2012

Uttoxeter Quilt Show

In recent weeks I haven't done any sewing at all, just some knitting in the evening whilst I've been reading blog posts. I didn't even go to quilt group or a workshop day they had on Saturday but not sewing hasn't stopped me thinking & dreaming about quilting and shopping for fabric!

2 patterns that took my fancy, both use pre cuts to make them and as I love precuts, these patterns are for me.

Last Sunday (15th April) my friend, Jan and I went to Uttoxeter quilt show at the race course. This is a lovely little show that is only just over an hour from where we live. I'm afraid I didn't photograph any of the quilts on show as we didn't find them particularly inspiring. That sounds awful! I don't want to decry the work that people put into them, it's just unfortunately none of them were my 'cup of tea'. It won't stop us going back next year though.


The vendors were worth a visit though! I love Sandy Gervasis's Christmas line and 'Reindeer Games' was no exception!


A kit that will make a small wall hanging - for my sewing room when I get it!





Civil war repros, I'm continuing to collect them as I love them and I keep seeing civil war repro quilts I want to make.


Some fabric for the Queen's Jubilee. I've no idea what I'm going to with them but I just love them and as the red crowns fabric is selling out fast if I hadn't bought them now I wouldn't have got them.


A lot of people in Blogland have been raving about this book and it has been on my Amazon wish list. I just love the quilt on the front cover, hexis and civil war fabrics! Bliss!


So I just had to had to start it. The author suggests using charm packs so I bought 3 charm packs from the show and some 2" papers and got started. I sent for some more charm packs from the
Fat Quarter shop that came in less than a week and I am waiting for a couple more. The quilt in the book is lap sized but I want to make a bed sized quilt so hence so many more charm packs.


The hexis make up very quickly. I can't make up the diamonds that go in between because I bought the wrong sized papers and I'm waiting for the right ones.

The charm packs used are: Collections for a Cause-Hope, Collections for a Cause-Comfort, Sandhill Plums, Grace, Friendship, Cattails & Clover, Petite Odile and Rouenneries Deux 

4 comments:

Karen said...

I like those Queen's Jubilee fabrics. I have never seen them. Would be fun to add some to my stash.

Annabelle said...

Love the jubillee fabrics - especially the red one with the crowns. Never been to Utoxeter but always wanted a visit. We have Wisley next week, which I love. xx

Benta At SLIKstitches said...

What lovely goodies!

Nicola said...

I am glad that someone else dreams about crafting, I often sew in my sleep.