Monday, 9 April 2012

Robin Hood's Bay

 Robin Hood's Bay is a small fishing village on the East coast of England, in Yorkshire. The village is situated on a very steep hill going down to the see.

This photo is taken at the top of the village as we went down.

The photos aren't brillant as they are taken with my phone, rather than my camera.

The village is full of tiny little cottages. A lot of them are now holiday cottages and are for rent throughout the year.
This pub is the one that the 'lads' in our group chose to drink in when they visited the village.


This hotel is right on the edge of the sea by the narrow boat slip where the boats are launched from. I bet it has beautiful views from its' bedroom windows!
This will be the view from thise bedrooms!


The sea! It looks very cold! The sea on the East coast tends to be cold, even at the height of summer.

A view looking the other way.


A view looking back at the village from further along the beach.

Meg had a wonderful time running along the beach, picking up seaweed and trying to treat it as sticks which didn't work as it beaks up too easily. She also played with lots of other dogs too!






Can't you see this as a quilt? It is the floor of the reception in the Victoria hotel where we eat on the Saturday. The food was good!




4 comments:

Rosie said...

Lovely to see your photos of Robin Hood's Bay! It seems ages since we last visited, I remember the last time it rained and rained, we were drenched. My favourite place along that coast is Staithes - I have a painting of it on my wall in front of me as I type this post:)

ohsewtempting said...

Hi,
Thank you for commenting on my blog. I'm now following you by email. Happy Monday :-) Avis x

Dani - tkdchick said...

Omg what a charming place a must visit with the camera.... Now my only problem is getting across the pond!!!!

Petra said...

I like the place although it looks so cold and hard to live in. I can almost hear the sound of the sea... :-)