Saturday, 3 March 2012

Mouthy Stitches pouch


My finished Mouthy Stitches zippered pouch! A week late - I'm sorry, life got in the way. It will go in the post on Monday morning as I didn't finish it until about 2 hours ago.


It stood up.


The inside.


The scraps to be sent with it.

I think I will need to think carefully about entering into any more swaps. I love taking part, I love making something for someone else and I love receiving the swap parcel. I always stretch myself and this time I've learnt things about my relatively new sewing machine. But I find myself running out time because life takes over and it puts me under a lot of pressure. When I change my job I'll have less time as I will work over 5 days instead of 4 and at first I'll be working more hours.
There are so many quilts I want to make for friends and family, I think I'll will have to concentrate on those. If I can't quilt for any reason in the future I will regret not making quilts for those that are dearest to me. I may think about one of the Christmas swaps if there one about as I really love doing the Christmas swaps but I do have to think about how I use my diminishing time. 

This virus is hanging about, I've felt quite rough today, I'm glad I haven't to work.

6 comments:

Jayne said...

Hope you feel better soon! I totally understand about those swaps; I'm absolutely terrible about finishing on time, therefore I rarely participate in them. I just know me too well! Sometimes we have to both recognize and accept out shortcomings, don't we?

:-D

Happy Quilting!
Jayne

Terry said...

What a pretty pouch! I think that one would be worth waiting for! :0)

Annabelle said...

Had a similar problem re swaps - life gets in the way and results in too much stress. Pouch looks lovely though so well worth waiting for. xx

Lee Prairie Designs said...

Love your daring pouch! Worth waiting for :)

Carolyn

Robyn G. said...

Hi Ailsa,
Sure hope you're feeling better really soon.
Lovely swap gift... the recipient will think it's wonderful! Beautifully made.

I too love swapping but decided a couple of years ago to opt out of swapping, due to work and committments, there was no time for my stuff. Enjoy your time and enjoy the past swaps you've done and the friends made through them :)

Annette said...

Your little bag is so pretty! You have a lucky swap partner.