Wednesday, 14 March 2012

Me!


Looks like the cat's got the cream!

I got the job! I've known since last Thursday but there were a few official things I wanted to do first before announcing it on the interweb. I am now working a month's notice and hope to start on 16th April.

I have had a few ups and downs in my present job in recent weeks which has upset me greatly. I am now in a better position and will be leaving on good terms which I am really pleased about. It would spoil the beginning of my new job if things hadn't been sorted. There has been a lot of mis-information going on that put me in very difficult position and it has been a very unpleasant time.

My new job is as a Home Manager of a 48 bedded care home for clients with dementia. This is a promotion as I have been working as a Deputy Home Manager. The company I will be working for is the new company that has developed as a result of Southern Cross closing down in the Autumn. I am very exciting about it, there should be a lot new things going on and it is a chance to get older people's care right. It will be a hard job with a lot of responsibility, also long hours at first whilst getting to grips with what needs to be done in the home. I will also have a been further to travel but the job will be mainly Monday to Friday rather that shift work but there are up sides - a pay increase which is great as I haven't had an increase for nearly 3 years and a chance to make my mark and 'do it my way'. I feel I have to give it a go, I will regret it if I don't try.

It's funny how things work out. The interview for this job was done in 3 parts. First I had to go to a different home for the first interview with the person that will be my line manager. This person was our line manager for my current home a few years ago so knew the home I work in and knows that it is a very good home. I went for that interview 2 weeks ago when I was on holiday. It was arranged at short notice and whilst I was there it was arranged that I would go to 'my' home and do an action plan of things that need to be sorted (this is the 2nd part of the process). Normally they would contact the recruitment agency and arrange that date later. The 3rd part of the process was to meet the Operations Director responsible for the home. The recruitment agency rang me and told me that the Operations Director wanted to see me on the same day as I did the action plan, again normally I would have done the action plan, it would be sent to the Director and then the agency would ring me with a date for the other interview. When I got to the interview with the Director, another Ops Director was there. This person had been our Ops Manager for about 2 years before Southern Cross broke up (she got promotion) so I am known personally as is the home I currently work it. It was so nice to see this person and it boded well, especially as this 2nd Ops Director winked at me as I left.

I am one very happy, lucky girl. Whether I still feel like this in 6 months we shall see! 

11 comments:

Cardygirl said...

Congratulations...hope all keeps going so well!

Joyus said...

Congratulations on your new job. I'm glad to hear that everything is positive for you moving forward :D

Janice said...

Congratulations! I hope the new job is everything you hope it will be.

Louise said...

congratulations on your exciting news and I hope you enjoy your new job (and the extra pennies) :)

Thanks for your comment. on our last walk up shutlingsloe it poured with rain and we got drenched but it dried up when we reached the top, just in time for our picnic! you can see photos from that walk in my post from August 2010 which you can find in the archive on the left side of my blog if you are interested!

julieQ said...

I am so very happy for you...great! I know you will make a real difference in so many people's lives!

sunny said...

Congratulations! Such exciting news. I hope it all works out to your expectations.

loulee said...

This sounds to me like the job was made for you.

Rosie said...

Congratulations on your new job, it all sounds very positive. Good luck:)

Sue said...

Yea!!! I'm so happy for you. I'd been wondering what was going on with the job situation. I hope this is a wonderful change for you.
Sue

Nicola said...

WOW!! Congratulations - you must feel like you're on top of the world!! Ohhh and extra pay too - does that mean extra funds for fabric??!! Very glad to be able to share in your good news xx

Benta At SLIKstitches said...

Lovely news. I moved from one school to another last autumn, and it's uch a difference - now a place where I am appreciated, and happy!!!