Tuesday, 13 December 2011

A good day!


I've had a good day today, I've got a couple of finishes which always leads to a feel good factor.

The 9 patch blocks pictured above are made from fabric donated to me by Julie for me to make lap quilts for work. I think the fabric is a 'Me and my Sister' design for Moda although I can't track down which particular one. Anyway she sent me the equivalent of at least half a jelly roll. All the fabric was cut into 2 & half inch strips. I loved the fabric but felt it wasn't quite right to use for lap quilts so I am using it to make a quilt for one of my work colleague's twins (girl) and have substituted some other fabric I have bought to make a quilt to be raffled.


This is the raffle quilt. The fabric is a Makower panel, various FQs and the border fabric is the same Makower range as the panel.


Anyway, both quilts are now made into flimsies. I'm going to send them to Jude for quilting.



The 'Me & my Sister' quilt top.

Tomorrow I might just have to go shopping for backing for these quilts - such a hard life! I do go back to work on Thursday so I would like to have everything ready to give to Jude when she is ready to quilt them for me.

These 2 tops were on my 'to do' list for January and they are done in December, how good is that?

I've cut the fabric for twin 2 (boy). Hopefully I'll get that done before Christmas as well.

After Christmas I should be able to concentrate on some of my other quilts that have been started.

3 comments:

Fiona said...

those are great... I love the colours you are using..
Hugz

Miss 376 said...

Always good when you can get ahead of yourself. Happy fabric hunting

Terry said...

Both quilt tops are so pretty, but I just LOVE the one made with the Me and My Sister fabrics! It's beautiful! :0)