Thursday, 15 September 2011

A Cheeky Ask!


As I've posted before I've started making these blocks from my 1.5 inch scraps. The problem I've come up against now is that I've not got enough variety of scraps. Why is this a problem you ask? just wait until you do have enough.


Now I would wait except I want to sell some wheelchair quilts at my work's Christmas fair. I made 4 small quilt tops like the one you see in this photo but I've lost 3 of them (I suspect in the deep depths of the loft as I haven't found them in my sewing stuff) so I thought I would use the scrappy rail fence blocks to make some more. My lovely old ladies feel the cold even in a centrally heated home.

Where the cheeky ask comes in- is - I am wondering whether you lovely ladies could spare a few 1.5 inch strips for me to use in these blocks. I want to make 4-6 quilts measuring 36 inchs square and if I don't sell the quilts I will donate them to the home. I am trying to sell them first as it will make more money for the residents fund.

If you are willing to help me please either e-mail me or leave me a comment.

Thank you in anticipation.

12 comments:

sunny said...

Sign me up! send me your address and I'll pop a few in the mail. Have fun!

Ann Marie said...

I can send you some strips, email me your address to 16muddyfeet@gmail.com

Gotta love to help people out. Any certain length you want them?

Benta At SLIKstitches said...

Hi Ailsa, just zap me your address and I can send some :-)

Amanda said...

I've just about emptied my one and a half inch strip box, but I'd happily send you some of my larger pieces. I've dedicated this year to using up my scraps and some of my stash, so the sooner I get through it the sooner I can buy some new fabric! If you let me have your address I'll get some in the post to you.

Linda Coleman said...

I can send you some strips, if you email me your address I'll get them in the post to you this weekend.
Linda C in Irelaqnd

Brandie said...

Anything goes? any scraps? if so, I'll send you some, as long as you aren't picky. If they come form the scrap boxes, who knows what's in them!
Sign me up.

Andrea said...

Me too - send your address and I'll get my scrap boxes out xxx

Jayne said...

I love the yellow and red combination! You are too clever! Using these for wheelchair patients is inspired! I am in the states, so I don't know how cost effective mailing scraps would be; if you know, and it's not too excessive, I will be happy to send you some bits!

OzRose said...

Hello Ailsa, thanks for dropping by and reading my blog :) Beamish is wonderful, bought a fab book from there about all the quilts that they have and their history. Will be back to see your site again!
hugs

Janet said...

I get lots of scraps from my LQS. I'd love to send you a few. Please let me know what specifically you want - ie 1.5 x ?? as I try to keep my postage down.

Mrs Dibble said...

Happy to send some from Australia...if it is not too far - airmail should be quite quick!! Eleanor dotwees@tpg.com.au

julieQ said...

Please send me your address, and I will be happy to send you some strips!!