Monday, 29 August 2011

What I've been up to!


Over the weekend I've been on nights and it has been quiet so I've been knitting hats to sell on a craft stall at work just before Christmas. My head is buzzing with ideas to make or knit to sell. The only trouble is I'm going to have to work so much over the next month I'm not going to have time to sew anything - Boo hoo!!


I've been getting to know my new machine.......................



........................and I've made a few more blocks for this quilt. I want to finish one of the 2 quilts I'm making for our bed before the winter, it doesn't matter which one but I do need to get on with them. It is August bank holiday Monday and it has rained and is quite cold. I've been tempted to turn the heating on but I'm under the duvet at present.


I missed entering either of my animals for 'Pets on Quilts' but here's is a couple of photos I've taken recently.


This tinker has been laid on my Christmas quilt today, which is over the back of the conservatory sofa.

4 comments:

Miss 376 said...

I've been sorely tempted with the heating today, I've just put another jumper on, and the lap quilt will come out. August is still too early for the heating

Jackie said...

Love the red star blocks you're working on! They'll make a gorgeous quilt for your bed.

Heidi said...

It is cold here in Holland too but I do not want the high heating bills so I am using my quilts and wearing sweaters to keep warm.

Love the stars! The colors and fabrics you are using are fabulous. And what good help you have from your kitty. :-)

Hugs from Holland ~
Heidi

Lyn Briggs said...

One of my cats, Flossie, always sleeps in a basket of fabric in my studio. Sometimes it's not always convenient for me but that doesn't seem to stop her.