Tuesday, 16 August 2011

A quilt!



I've got my Christmas quilt back from my quilter, Jude. I am so pleased with it, it is everything I hoped it would be. Jude has used a holly leaf & berry pattern on it.



............................and just look at what she did for the backing. I didn't quite have enough of the big print to back it completely so she used what I did have. I think she has gone the extra 'mile' for me and I really am pleased with it. I just need to bind it now, which I will try to do this week as I am on holiday from work this week. 


A close up of the quilting.


Another close up of the quilting...........


......................and the star on the back!

Tomorrow I'll tell you about our day out.

4 comments:

Fiona said...

Lovely quilt... and the quilting is great too.. how nice to have a pretty back aswell...
Hugz

julieQ said...

And a perfect finish!! Just really pretty, from the piecing to the quilting..I like it!

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Your quilt turned out beautifully! I really like the holly leaf and berry quilting pattern - your quilter did a wonderful job! And the back - absolutely perfect! Very pretty!
^..^

Muddling Through said...

Very, very pretty, and you got it done in time for Christmas!