Monday, 8 August 2011

Depression has set in.

No quilting over the last week but I have been knitting but I'm not showing you yet as I never finish anything so I am determined to finish this. Even my Mum knows I never finish anything and has something to say about it - lol!!

What's with the depression - well! I have had £1500-£2000 pounds worth of jewellery taken from my jewellery box in my bedroom. Some of the jewellery is not replaceable because it was my Gran's. We think it has been taken by someone visiting our house on a regular basis over the last 10 years and have had no reason not to trust. It has been reported to the police but they are not pursuing it as they feel there isn't enough evidence and when I reported it to my insurance company. they said I couldn't claim because the person had been invited into the house! I was very upset and cross when I found this out.

You might think I was silly for leaving the box visable and with hindsight I was but I thought the person could be trusted but then a person's life situation changes and it makes people do things that they may not normally do. Learn from me, do not leave temptation in people's way.

Now I'm depressed - I'm sleeping too much and have no motivation. This coming on top of the issues with work is just too much.

I need to pull myself together as I've loads of things I want to do, especially quilty things. I have a day out with Jan to look forward to on Wednesday. We are going on a quilt shop hop. Also it is Mum's birthday tomorrow and we are going out for tea.

8 comments:

sunny said...

Oh how awful! I can certainly understand why you would be depressed. I don't suppose you could ask this person?? Hope things get better soon.

Stray Stitches said...

I would have left my jewelry box as you did with someone trusted in the house. I'm so sorry to hear of your loss and that insurance nor the police seem to care.

Miss 376 said...

Oh, I can only imagine how you feel. My nephew stole from us, but nothing that couldn't be replaced. You've had a lot to cope with this year. I do hope you enjoy your day out, and that spending some time with a friend will help to make you feel better

julieQ said...

I am so sorry...what an awful thing to happen! I think that your insurance company is liable...how do they know, really, who took it, and does it matter? It was insured!! I am so sorry about the irreplaceable items...bad news all the way around. Glad you were not held up or burglarized at gunpoint or something though!! Many hugs!!

Benta At SLIKstitches said...

What an awful situation. Can you talk to them? Hopefully they will have an attack of remorse!

lisa said...

Oh Bless ! so sorry to hear.In your home you should be able to leave things where you will with out someone taking what is not theirs!!

I hope you enjoy your night out.

Hugs
xo

Fiona said...

Oh that is just terrible.... when it is someone you know it makes it so personal too... besides the loss of ireplaceable items....
Big hugz....

.x.Helen.x. said...

How awful. I'm so sorry to hear of your difficult times. I hope you are able to take some time for yourself and enjoy your day out.