Wednesday, 10 August 2011

Birthdays & shopping!

I am not feeling half as depressed as I was, despite living in a country that is going to the dogs (I am referring to the serious rioting that has been going on in some of our cities, it is appalling behaviour and totally unacceptable) and hearing the news that Gormit (son-in-law) is going to be medically discharged from the Army due to a shoulder injury that has left him with Arthritis.



Yesterday was my Mum's birthday and in 2 weeks time it's Dad's birthday so last night we went out for a meal and next week we are going on a day out to Errdig, a National Trust house in Wales. We don't live that far from the Welsh border. We usually have a day around this time of year in celebration of Mum & Dad's birthday.


Also, last night I got round to taking a photo of Mum & Dad with the quilt I made for them for Christmas.

Nancy Halvorsen FQs from Quilter's Trading Post

My friend, Jan (Gromit's Mum) and I went on our quilt shop hop today. We were very lucky with the weather as it rained and was very windy but it only rained when we were in the car. We went to The Quilter's Trading Post in Whitchurch and Castle Court Quilter in Whittington near Oswestry on the Welsh/English border.



2 Advent calender panels to make up for a craft table at work in December from a wool/habadashery shop in Whitchurch.


This photo shows my haul from Castle Court Quilter - a metre & a half of sale fabric for the advent calenders, some Civil War FQs and 6 FQs of Benartex Montana Modern.


We had a late lunch in Oswestry and we had a potter around the town centre. We came across a yarn shop and of course, as knitters, we couldn't walk past. I've bought this pattern book and a ball of yarn to knit the hat shown for when I go walking, as my last walking hat accidently got felted by DD.

So, all in all, a good day! 

3 comments:

Jackie said...

Happy Birthday to your parents! I hope your son in law transitions out of the military well and heals.

Quilting Grannie said...

Hope your parents have had good birthdays. The quilt is beautiful. I expect the riots you all are having to creep across the big pond to us in the near future.

Lee Prairie Designs said...

Happy Bithday to you parents too!

Your quilt is beautiful and also the farmers wife quilt in your other post.

Sorry to read about the jewery!

Carolyn :)