Thursday, 7 July 2011

My other civil war quilt

Last year I took part in an international 9 patch block exchange. We each made enough 9 patch blocks for 2 each for each lady that was taking part. In the end we each got 70 blocks.

This is my pile of blocks. I've been procrastinating about how to set them and make up the quilt top.

I have now finally decided!


As part of this year's civil war BOW we have made this block - Union Square. I decided that this setting would be perfect for my 9 patch swap blocks.


Here are the 2 I've made up so far. I think a narrow sashing in navy blue will also work very well.

What do you think?

5 comments:

julieQ said...

I love the way you set your blocks!!!! I think you need some more!

Chookyblue...... said...

I really like the setting..........go for it..........

Sara said...

Beautiful setting.

Miss 376 said...

Stunning

Quilting Grannie said...

I love your nine patch Civil War quilt!! That is something I need to do with my stash. But granddaughter #1 got engaged over the weekend, and is planning a fall wedding. So I need to make a quilt for her. Have the material ordered for a Trellis quilt. Yes, it will posted on my blog as soon as I get the material.