Friday, 15 July 2011

A finish!!

There have been lots of starts round here but very few finishes, well, today there has been a finish - ta da!!

 I made the blocks for this quilt on 26th May and put them together today - it only took about an hour and a half.

The fabric is Moda Fruitcake. I used a charm pack and some FQs cut into 2.5 inch strips.

I am not going to quilt it myself, I am going to send it out to Jude as I would like some sort of Christmasy design quilted on it using some of her lovely thread. 

I was supposed to work this morning, in fact I went into work to find that I had no qualified staff on nights tonight so I came home so I can go back on night duty. I am on nights for the next 2 nights anyway - so no more quilting for me until Monday or Tuesday. 

8 comments:

Miss 376 said...

What a lovely top

Linda Coleman said...

lovely colours. can't wait to see it when it's quilted

Joyus said...

Lovely finish - congratulations

julieQ said...

A gorgeous finish! I am so sorry you are having to fill in on the night shift...that is hard!

Benta At SLIKstitches said...

A lovely finish, great fabrics

Mrs Dibble said...

I love pictures of quilts...particularly where the quilt has feet!!!!

.x.Helen.x. said...

How lovely! I am about to start my first "real" quilt but I know the finishing will let me down - my machine (or perhaps I) can't handle machine quilting. Can you recommend a professional quilter? I am based in Wirral, so not far from you.

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Great finish! Don't you just love Moda fabrics? They make such pretty quilts. Please post a picture of it after it has been quilted so that we may see the pattern you chose.
^..^