Friday, 29 July 2011

Farmer's wife quilt

Like the rest of Blogger Land I want to make this quilt. I bought the book when I went to the Uttoxeter Quilt show back in April (see post) but I wasn't ready to start it because the hand work I was doing was on my Grandmother's Flower Garden quilt. My friend, Jan, has already started it. I have nearly finished the individual flowers for that quilt so I am ready to think about having something else as a portable stitching project.

This will fit the bill nicely (yes, I know I've got the double 9 patch quilt I've started the other week but a girl has to have variety, especially when she has a short attention span)

This project is just about to get to big to cart around.

Having read other blogs I've decided to use Nicole's link (be sure to read her post dated 25th July) to print the templates out and then to laminate them

This is how they come off the printer.

I am in the process of cutting them out, they will make nice stiff templates that should last, hopefully. There is a quilt a long group for this quilter but I've not decided whether to join, I would be about 9-10 weeks behind, not that really matters.

3 comments:

Linda Coleman said...

I have the book as well and have seen a lot of blogs where people are following along, but like you I haven't had time to start it yet.

Benta At SLIKstitches said...

I like having something that I can work on in front of the TV or waiting in the car, this looks like a great project!

Becks said...

Not long discovered your blog but I had to say that your quilts are lovely. So much patience. I didn't realise a quilt could be a portable project? No idea why I thought that :)