Wednesday, 25 May 2011

New starts!

A couple of weeks ago I was a naughty girl and started a new cross stitch! I just couldn't resist!

 This sampler is called Heart Pot and it from the Heritage Sampler company. It was featured in a UK cross stitching magazine. I can't remember for the life of me which one it was and the chart isn't near me at present.

I just had to start it straight away. I have a lot of cross stitch supplies from when I regularly cross stitched so I had everything I needed.

I made another new start on Monday. This square within a square quilt made with last Christmas's Basic Grey range, Fruitcake. I am using a charm pack and yardage - very simple but hopefully, beautiful! There won't be any more machine quilting for a couple of weeks because of work, going up to Edinburgh on Sunday to fetch SofM back for the summer and my summer holiday to Normandy in France the week after next. So it will be knitting and working on my hexis.

3 comments:

Benta At SLIKstitches said...

What a lovely old fashioned sampler, enjoy!

Andrea said...

I have that magazine too and love the sampler - however I have just started my Dear Jane cross stitch so will not think about another one just yet. Enjoy your holiday
xxx

Mrs Dibble said...

Oh the sampler is wonderful....that Historical Sampler Co. site is dangerous....I have about 75 things on my wish list. I can entirely understand why you just had to start it. But they are like a box of chocolates, because there are so many small elements in a sampler you can just have one here and there. (Does that ratinalising make us feel better!!???) Now that I finished my wedding sampler...I have ordered another one (of course) - I am going to do birth samplers for my kids (before they get to be over 20 years old) Happy stitching