Friday, 22 April 2011

Uttoxeter - Part 1

I'm writing this post in the middle of a thunder storm. We've had a beautiful week which has been great as the Oh! Bearded One and I have been on annual leave.
The Oh! Bearded One has spend a good chunk of time in the garden which is now looking lovely. I've had 2 quilting days and a shopping day as well as visiting Uttoxeter quilting show.

This was the winner, applique and hand quilted, also very subtle colours.

I've not photographed any other quilts. A lot of them were blue and I'm afraid blue and purple in quilts don't do it for me. There were some nice quilts but very few that 'spoke' to me.


Here are some of my purchases - a Moda Java charm pack to go with the Java fabric I've already got. I want to make table mats with this. I bought the other charm packs because they are older ones and I missed them when they first came out. 

2 book purchases - 'Simple Graces' has been on my Amazon wish list for a while. I love the colours that Kim Diehl uses.
 I've been looking at 'Dear Jane' quilts and other quilts of this type but I felt they were too much for me. The Farmer's Wife quilt looks more 'do-able'. I fancy hand piecing these blocks and I'm going to use the remaining Civil war fabric once I've done most of the blocks for Barbara Brackman's BOW.

Here are some more Civil war fabric for the Civil war BOW.

This is a kit I really liked. It is from White Cottage Country Crafts. I've bought things from this company before.

The colour combination!

I've got some more purchases to show you, also the quilting I've been up to.



3 comments:

julieQ said...

I am so glad you enjoyed the show...that winner is just wonderful! Hope work and life is treating you wonderfully!

Miss 376 said...

Looks like you had a lovely time. We still haven't had any rain here, though I am sure the garden would appreciate it

Sue said...

Those are some very nice fabrics. It looks like you'll be having lots to keep you busy. I like the idea of making placemats from the java fabric. Some of my placemats are getting rather worn and I think I should make some to replace them. Thanks for the idea.