Sunday, 10 April 2011

I take it that no one is interested in this, if you are let me know and I'll send it to you as I'm not going to use it and I really would like it to go to a new home.


Today I cut out my outstanding blocks for the Civil War Quilt (I am 5 blocks behind) and I cut out the two quilts I want to do from 'Two from One Jelly Roll Quilts'. One of these quilts is for a work colleague who has a baby in November. I know she  likes these colours so it should be fine.

They are now ready to sew. I wasn't able to start sewing as I needed some thread but wasn't able to get into the study for the Oh! Bearded One and boxes for a new computer. His old computer was soooooo slow so he has decided to upgrade and he has spend today setting it up.

Over the last few days I've been knitting and I have continued stitching the Wizard - photos to follow laqter in the week.

I'm feeling better, not so low. I've seen the G.P about the hot flushes I've been having and I've started Clonidine as I don't want to go on HRT. I'm not sure that the Clonidine has made any difference so far but I'll carry on for a bit longer.


8 comments:

Sue said...

I can't wait to see the wizard and dragon all finished. Rob loves those, too and I've stitched several for him.

I just bought the knitted royal wedding book. I don't know that I'll ever make them up, but it's fun to have.

Lynn said...

ithink it is sad no one wanted it. i would love it.. you have great blogg. thanks lynn. my e-mail is nellejane123@aol.com

Miss 376 said...

Glad you are feeling a bit better. That quilt is a lovely colour, I love it

Benta At SLIKstitches said...

Very kind of you to offer the embroidery, but for me, my eyes aren't good enough any more!!! Do you have freecycle near you? You might find someone there, or I have the address of a disabled lady who look a load from me yearsxago. She does the embroidery then sells them for a charity.

Anna said...

hi, i found raspberry leaf tea by clipper in tesco good for flushes, i have also gone caffeine free which killed me for the 1st week !! but now only being disturbed once or twice at night instead of 5-6 times.

Sue said...

It looks like my comments aren't coming thru. I've left several and I don't see them.

Mrs Dibble said...

Ah hot flushes and being blocks and blocks behind in a SAL - we are living the same life!!!!!!

Catswhiskers said...

Hi Ailsa
being there - done it! We can survive another time! All the best.
If the 'Royal Couple' still without a home, I will give them a nice home and even a picture frame!
I am interested in starting a Civil War, or Farmers Wife, or even DJ quilt, and am keen in finding out further info.
warm wishes
Gina