Thursday, 17 March 2011

A funny old week!

I've had a funny old week. My working week has been strange, by the end of the of the week I'll have done 2 twelve hour days and the rest of my hours at home and in a meeting. I've also been very 'down' in mood. The national and international news is worrying and your heart goes out to all the people that are suffering in the world. I try to count my blessings as I've lots of them but because of my depression I find I'm very affected by external factors even though I try very hard to use coping strategies.

I've not done any quilting this week and it is unlikely I'll do any for the next 2 weeks because we are away in Wales for a long weekend and then I work 9 days straight. The photo above shows what I was up to the last time I sat in front of the sewing machine - candle mats!- using Moda Fresh Cottons. I also quilted one of my 'charity' quilts which now needs the binding on it. 

 Like a lot of blog land I've bought this book, it is lovely and there are some really cute quilts. I've also enjoyed the history in it. I am looking forward to making one or two quilts from it.

 I've been plugging away at this cross stitch, I've added a bit more than is shown here.

Sorry, I can't resist this photo of Meg that DD took, she just happened to be around to capture Meg on camera late one evening.

On the knitting front I have been working on the cushion on the front of this book (I've got the American version, cheapest option on Amazon). I've done half the back and 6 of the 9 squares for the front. I love, love, love the yarn that this cushion is knitted it - Rowan Felted Tweed. I could knit acres and acres with it, not necessarily making anything in particular.

11 comments:

loulee said...

I like your candle mat, very pretty.
Your cross stitch is coming on. Mine will slow down a little now I guess, going back to work does that to crafts. lol

Benta At SLIKstitches said...

Have a lovely break in Wales, hope you feel better for it

Miss 376 said...

Have a lovely break away, it might be just what you need

sewkalico said...

I hope you feel brighter soon, perhaps your break in Wales is what you need. I also feel incredibly sad that all these terrible things keep happening.

Quilting Grannie said...

Called Keepsake Quilting yesterday and they have not even sent the second month of the Block of the Month Civil War quilt. The lady said it was a very popular item. So, I wait!! Did order a Smokey Mountain Quilt, hopefully the pieces are all cut out, like the catalog said. Got it because I live in the Smokey Mts. Have fun in Wales. We loved it.

Jellywares said...

I hope your mood brightens soon... It is really hard to stay cheerful when there is so much devastation in the world at the moment..

Hugs - Jodie :)

Annemariesquilt said...

Hi, thanks for visiting my blogg and leave a sweet comment..
I love your new block using Fresh Cotton ;-)

julieQ said...

I hope you have a good time in Wales!! Feel better...hope you have some fun quilting time soon.

trashmaster46 said...

The doggie picture is sweet :)

StitchinByTheLake said...

I love the look of that book but haven't bought it...yet. :) You've got some nice things you're working on! blessings, marlene

Sue said...

Such a cute photo of meg. I guess she was taking a rest while you stitched.