Thursday, 10 March 2011

Cross Stitch Part 2

Here are some more of my WIPs

This is the newest wip, I bought this design before Christmas, started it with great enthusiasm and this is how far I've got. In my defense I am finding it very hard to stitch pale colours on pale fabric. My eyes aren't as good as they used to be. I will need to stitch this one over the summer in good day light.




This lady is for DD and is one of a pair, it is also another one that I'm stuggling with, needing daylight for but I've got to get on with this as DD will probably move out sometime this year and will want them for her new home.


I started this one ages ago, probably around 2005. I think I started it in mind to give my Mum. I've done quite a bit of work on this one over the last week or so.

It is a design from 'The World of Cross Stitching' magazine


Unfortunately I can't find the colour picture of this one and I can't remember when I started it but it is a while ago. I know that because since I started quilting around the time I started this blog in 2007 I've hardly done any cross stitch although it used to be my first love.


This design is of a wizard with a dragon and a crystal ball and it is for my Dad. He is a great fan of this sort of thing and would love me to do one of the designs on black fabric that are about but my eyes can't cope so this one will have to do.

Now Manxgirl posted about her wips the other day and I contacted her to invite her to join me in a stitch along to encourage us to get some of our wips finished. We will be posting a photo of our success or otherwise once a week. I am going to concentrate on the wizard for Dad as I would like it finished for his birthday in August.

There is cross stitch part 3 to come and these are the kits I've got in hand waiting to be started-LOL

9 comments:

loulee said...

Some of those are beautiful. I love the lil' house and the robin.
Did you ever think about getting a daylight lamp and magnifyer? I wouldn't be without mine now. And it put off the need for varifocals for a couple of years! LOL

Miss 376 said...

I noticed you'd joined forces when I read her blog this morning. Have fun, I'm sure you will both make good progress

Juicybear said...

Wonderfull blog and I love your stitchings.

Lindsay said...

I'm so glad I have loulee in my reader or I'd never of found your blog again, I lost the link when my puter crashed :(

Love the Robin, very festive

Annemariesquilt said...

Hi and thank you so much for visiting my blogg and leave such a sweet comment.
Wow you have many plans for stitching. I just want to wish you good luck ;-))

julieQ said...

Wow! You are quite talented in my eyes...so pretty, all your cross stitching. I am working on one too, and just loving it!!

Mrs Dibble said...

Things are much easier when you have a friend to assist....I am hoping this is the case with the Crafty Princess and I finishing something for the Craft Show.....at least I am sure I will finish....whether Miss Compulsive Starter finishes is in the lap of the gods of Cross Stitch...one of the kits I bought was a Green Man on black Aida (more madness) and I am knitting a black sleeveless thing as winter is coming here....need to sit under a light big enough to light up the Sydney Cricket Ground to see what I am doing......will follow you progress with interest and positive thoughts

julieQ said...

Thank you for giving me a kick in the seat...I KNEW I was missing someone important!!! You are listed!!!

Becky said...

Beautiful needlework! I'm so impressed. I had to give up counted cross stitch when our son was born 20 years ago. Now quilting and blogs have taken over my life. Have a great day! Hope that you are feeling better!