Sunday, 6 March 2011

Cross Stitch Part 1

The other day I got out all my cross stitch WIPs. There are a lot of them and since I've photographed these I've found another one!

 I rather like cross stitch maps, I've completed two and these are the others I have in progress. This one is of the Cheshire ring which is a canal circuit and we have been on part of it in a canal boat.


This map is of the whole of the canal network of England.


 I've done the map of Derbyshire in this series and we now live in Cheshire I wanted to do the cheshire map
 This is how far I've got and I probably started it in the early 90's

Showing Northwich here!
We love the Lake District so of course I wanted the map. This one isn't started yet!

The Oh! Bearded One wants me to get them finished!

I've got a few more to show you!

5 comments:

BubzRugz said...

I love the idea of cross-stitch maps.... those will be fantastic
Hugz

Sue said...

I like stitching maps, too. And buildings. I have a map of Europe that I want to do, but I never seem to get to it.

Mrs Dibble said...

The Cheshire Ring Walk is on my list of walks to do....have done some of the Cotswold Way...and I am planning Hadrian's Wall next (this might be a bit of a pipe dream). I wonder if there is a map kit I could stitch I am slightly more likely to finish that than the walk itself. Your collection of maps is great - keep at it. Eleanor

Miss 376 said...

I love maps of any kind. I have two printed ones that show where my mum, dad, my brother and myself were born. I have several to catch up on if I got ones that showed all the places we've lived

Quilting Grannie said...

I love the Lake District. We have stayed at Seldom Seen once in the miners' houses. Then our son has taken us to other places in the Lake District! Beautiful country! We had snow flurries and 35 degree temps yesterday morning after 2-3 weeks of nice spring weather. Here in eastern US my crocuses and daffodils are blooming!