Sunday, 13 February 2011

A trip out!

2 weeks ago J, J's DD, my DD & myself went to a cafe in Chester where you can paint pottery. I was very sceptical at first as I can't paint or draw and didn't think I would enjoy it. I only wanted to go with them because I was promised a trip to Liberty Bell. Liberty Bell is the most wonderful quilting and American gift shop in the middle of Chester. Just before Christmas it was absolutely beautiful.

Anyway back to the pottery painting. This cafe is tucked away near one of the Chester walls. They offer various pieces of pottery to paint and they also do good, reasonably priced food. As you can see I painted a pot stand with various quilting blocks! I really enjoyed myself and I would go back (DD's boel turned out well too!)

DD made me this little wool heart, the ribbon on it came from Liberty Bell.

4 comments:

Joyus said...

Great pot stand - I love the idea of painting the quilt blocks

Miss 376 said...

The tile turned out really well, looks like a worthwhile day out

Radka said...

Thank you for your visit, please come again:))

Sue said...

It turned out nicely. It's fun to try a new craft occasionally. Who knows, you might stumble onto something you really enjoy.