Sunday, 27 February 2011

This week

I've had a week's annual leave from work.

We have had Oh! Bearded One's cousin (P) to stay for a couple of days which was really enjoyable.

I've taught P, the very basics of quilting.....................

 We started with a Moda charm pack called Awesome.

 I showed her how to lay the patches out to get a pleasing design then to sew them together, butting up the seams and using a rotary cutter to cut out the borders. She got as far as sewing the inner side borders on. She will now try to finish it at home.

 Whilst P was here we went for a walk around Vale Royal Abbey (if you use this link explore the site as this Abbey site goes back 100's of years and there is a good history page)

 I've lived in this area for nearly 20 years and although I know of the place and have passed the end of the drive many, many times I haven't actually seen it.

 It is a very imposing building as it is now but when it was an Abbey back in the 13th Century it really must have been something to see! The present building was build in the 19th Century.

It also helped that it was a beautiful day, reasonably warm, dry and sunny!

 Today it is Gromit's 25th birthday. DD made him a cake

 He wasn't impressed having his photo taken!


Hopefully I'll post quite a lot this week as I've taken loads of photos today.

1 comment:

Laurie said...

The abbey looks like a great place to visit. Any quilts in there?