Saturday, 12 February 2011

My bed quilt

This last week I've been puttering about, both at work and at home. Work isn't very busy at present, we've got empty beds, we think, because of the hard winter and the country's financial situation, so not too much stress at present.

 DD has been on nights this week which means if we are at home during the day we have to be very quiet as she doen't sleep well. So what can a Mum do? Quilt of course! I've been working on various things but the main one has been the Rouenneries quilt for my bed. As you can see above I want to set the blocks on point. I've done another block since this photo. I've even worked out how big the setting triangles need to be.

Here is the pile of pieces I need to make 36 12" star blocks to make my king sized quilt.

 Now the side effect of this quilt is production of loads of  triangles as a by-product of the middle square and the flying geese piecing.

 So what do you do with loads of these?


 You make loads of these of course!

 Pinwheel blocks!
From every main 12" block I get 3 pinwheel blocks. Put together I think these will make a lovely little lap quilt by the time I'm done.

I'm beginning to feel like a proper quilter!

6 comments:

Jackie said...

Both of these quilts are going to be gorgeous!

Joyus said...

Ooooooooh, very pretty!

Miss 376 said...

Isn't lovely to get two for the price of one. The colours are so relaxing too

Eileen said...

Hi,
I have found your blog because you are a follower of my sister's blog - Plain and Simple.
I notice that you do Patchwork and Quilting and I am doing a bit of that as well (when I get the time)
I will keep checking yours out for updates to your quilt.
luv
eileen
x

Rose Marie said...

Delightful .... both projects and the fabric is yummy!

Mary L. said...

Great use of the leftover tris. I can't bear to throw them away either