Saturday, 29 January 2011

This week...

................................I received this fat quarter bundle from The Fat Quarter Shop - one of Moda's new lines for this spring, Antique Fair, designed by Blackbird Designs 

 The colours are beautiful, soft and subtle. I am currently thinking of doing one of Carrie Nelson's designs out of her book, Miss Rosies' Spice of Life quilts.


This week I've have been working on these.........

My knitted waistcoat

Cross stitch table cloth

and my Moda Morris Workshop quilt from Layer cake, Jelly roll & Charm Quilts by Pam & Nicky Lintott

This is an old photo of these blocks, I've added about 8 blocks this week.

There won't be much quilting next week, a very heavy work week starting tomorrow.

8 comments:

Sue said...

You have some nice projects started. I'm looking forward to seeing ore of the knitting. Those colors are really lovely.

Chicago Bears Fan said...

I like your cross stitch table cloth design and the colors for your knit waistcoat as well. Have a good week!

Nicola said...

Oh that new Blackbird Designs fabric looks yummy - did you have to pay much for customs?? I recently ordered some quilt patterns from USA and paid nearly as much again in customs duty - I was NOT happy about this at all!!
Your "Moda Morris Workshop" blocks look fab - can't wait to see the finished top!! :)

julieQ said...

Sorry about the heavy work week ahead...I am working overtime as I can too. I just love your new fabrics...gorgeous!

Benta At SLIKstitches said...

Hi. I surfed from Flying Blind to your blog. I love the new Moda fabrics you got, very similar to my current fave, Rural Jardin.

Carin said...

Oh my... what a beautiful new serie of Moda. Your knitting I love very much, I love those colors !!

Mary-Frances said...

Love that new fabric! You have some great projects on the go. Hope you have some time soon to work on them.

Karen said...

Lots of wonderful projects and I love your header photo!