Wednesday, 26 January 2011

Flimsy finishes!

As my back hasn't completely settled down which means I can't do any heavy housework (what a shame!!!) and I'm working a 8pm until midnight shift, I've been sat at my sewing machine. I've got these four lapquilt flimsies finished for work. I didn't feel up to fighting with the backing, batting and pinning today so I'll have to start quilting them another day. 

The middles of these quilts is Moda Wild Rose and Park Avenue, a mixture of 2 scrap bags. The borders are Park Avenue FQs. The block is rail fence and the quilts measure about 35 inchs.







I also did some sewing on some blocks I've had cut out for a while but it was too dark to photograph what I've been up to so I'll save that for another day.

Right, off to Beavers then work!

7 comments:

Miss 376 said...

These look lovely and cheerful

Chocolate Cat said...

These are gorgeous! What a shame you can't do the housework!!

loulee said...

Those tops are lovely.
Look after that back.

The Rocky Creek Scotties said...

Thank you so much for my delightful Winter Solstice Swap gift. I'm remiss in getting in touch with you, but I wanted you to know how much I like it. You could not have picked better colors/fabrics. And the dog treats are fabulous - so great for traveling. I'll be blogging about it later today or tomorrow. Please come by and visit me sometime.

Lynn

Muddling Through said...

Wow! four at once - I'm impressed.
They are all so pretty.

Daniëlle said...

Sorry to hear about your back! Don't mind the housework, just leave your windows open and out goes the dust hihihi!!! In Holland we use the same word for dust and fabric so we have to be on the look out which "stof" is leaving the house hihihi!! Flimsy or not, your finishes are great!!! Think I have some fabric that needs such a pattern! Thanks! Have a happy sewing day, hugs, Daniëlle

julieQ said...

Wow, you have gotten so much done!! I love each one...good for you to be so productive in spite of your back!!