Friday, 14 January 2011

Civil war quilt

Barbara Brackman is running a year long BOM, except it's weekly. She is releasing a block per week every Saturday for 52 weeks. I caught her blog for this fairly early on but I didn't have enough suitable fabric, especially lights. The blocks are traditional and some may have been used in Civil war times. However accurate or inaccurate these blocks are, it is going to be great fun doing them and to end up with a quilt at the end of it will be magic.

Today I put this right. I went to my LQS (simply sewing) and bought these fabrics. Some of them are Jo Morton so are Civil War repros, others have a flavour of being repro.

 
These fabrics are now added to want I already had which gives me loads of choice for this quilt. I am not particularly worried if they aren't all true repro fabrics. I am making this quilt for me and am using fabrics and colours I like.
Block 2-North Star

 
Block 1-Catch me if you can

6 comments:

Miss 376 said...

Have fun with this BOM, you've chosen some lovely fabrics

QuiltSue said...

Your fabrics are just beautiful.

Mary-Frances said...

Your fabrics are gorgeous. Have fun making this quilt. I look forward to seeing your progress.

Quilting Grannie said...

Love these two blocks!!

Quilting By Jeannie said...

Look forward to seeing the finished quilt

conny's quilts said...

Your fabric and colors look so great!