Tuesday, 25 January 2011

Civil war blocks

These 2 blocks are my latest offerings for Barbara Brackman's civil war quilt (see button on side bar).
- 7 Stars and Texas Tears.

I found this block hard and I'm not 100% happy with it, I may redo it in due course but I'm leaving it at present. That's why I take part in these on line things as they stretch me and make me learn new skills. The reason this block is not quite right will be my human error, either not cutting out accurately or not piecing accurately. I think Barbara assumes the quilter has experience as her instructions are quite basic which is fair enough but it is causing me a little bit of difficulty.

5 comments:

Sue said...

I love the star block. The other one, I'm not as sure about. I can't wait to see the whole thing.

Jackie said...

They both look great to me!

Denise said...

Hello- have popped in to say hello via Lucy's blog. You have some lovely creations :-)

conny's quilts said...

I had trouble too with the Texas tears. ( not eneough space around for sewing blocks together), so maybe I do that one once again too. Still your blocks look great. love your colors!

Quilting Grannie said...

I signed up for a block of the month Civil War quilt from Keepsake Quilting. Their website is www.keepsakequilting.com Don't know what the postage would be for you. First block arrives in mid Feb. Looking forward to it. Never done anything like this.